Week 19 - Chicago Quantum wrap-up: Working through some things...
1. Earlier this week we discussed inflation (video and article).
2. We also made progress re-coding some of our solvers. Not enough progress to start doing a Scottish jig wearing a Jimmy hat, but enough to mention.
3. Markets were up and down, decisive each way.
4. Our model is doing very well in the markets. New ways to look at the data are helping. We pick the dogstars that drop when the market falls. We pick allstars that go up when markets go up. It remains to be seen whether our allstars and dogstars outperform when markets bounce up and down quickly.
5. We have had two stories of hackers this week, with very different consequences.
6. Chicago White Sox have the best record in MLB. Let's celebrate!
All week I have been fighting a cold. Forgot what it was like.
May 14, 2021
Strategic IT Management Consultant with a strong interest in Quantum Computing. Consulting for 29 years and this looks as interesting as cloud computing was in 2010.