Ask me anything: Jeffrey Cohen, Chicago Quantum
At the end of the 3nd week of the year...we have a few things to share:
- The change in presidents caused a subtle change in the trading in the market. We stayed out of the markets this week, except for a very small trade on Monday.
- IBM (a major quantum computing player) announced earnings and had its investor call. We listened, twice, and share our views of the IBM quarter and forward view.
- We successfully found, customized and ran the IBM tutorial for portfolio optimization on the IBM Q Experience quantum computer named 'ibmq_16_melbourne.' We share our results.
- We found a way to select lower risk (and likely lower return) portfolios that are still efficient and have a strong CQNS score. We ran today (Thursday EOD data) and were able to select 2 completely different portfolios with the same data.
- We determined that Quantum Approximate Optimization Algorithm (QAOA) is important to make gate-based quantum computers pick stocks. We also determined that the sample QAOA in the IBM Qiskit tutorial did not work very well. We also tried the Variational Quantum Eigensolver (VQE) in the IBM Qiskit tutorial, and that algorithm seems to be more useful for other types of problems. More work to do on mastering these quantum algorithms.
- We picked up advertising our website, https://www.chicagoquantum.com and learned. We stopped advertising while we apply the learnings. Our website is focused on our business and our services, and might benefit from being more focused on our client's questions. Also, it is exceedingly slow to load. So much to do to fix our website.
We look forward to next week.
Learn more and please do your own due diligence before investing in the stock market. Investing in stocks carries significant risk, and you can lose your entire investment. Do your homework. Know what you are buying.
And now a word from our sponsor...
Please buy a portfolio analysis if you like what you hear. It picks the stocks with expectations of large movement, but when held together lower the risk to you. Prices range from $50 to $1,000 per detailed analysis.
You provide the list of stocks, or we analyse entire stock exchanges (NYSE, NYSE American, NASDAQ Global Select Market, and NASDAQ Global Market). We can also limit our runs to stocks that paid a dividend in the past year.
Strategic IT Management Consultant with a strong interest in Quantum Computing. Consulting for 29 years and this looks as interesting as cloud computing was in 2010.