Week 37 Video
To learn and prosper. Thank you for watching.
The past week had key decision points in the markets and in our firm's trajectory. Here are the facts.
1. We discontinued a number of our social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, StockTwits, & Reddit. Given the regulatory requirement to retain postings for 3 years, we are setting up to be much more careful.
2. We have all the state of Illinois regulatory filings to make, atop the IARD Federal Filings we already made to complete our registration process. These are things like our Articles of Incorporation (from 2010) that we need to file now.
3. Quad Witching Hour became a reality for us on Friday at 3pm ET - 4pm ET. Will discuss it.
4. Markets are opening lower on Monday. Will discuss some reasons why the market is dropping (and is now below our 'top' call for the S&P 500.).
- More IPOs
- US FRB taper and debt ceiling
- US Fiscal Policy turns anti-business (Desire for a corporate tax rate rise announced)
- Labor shortage
- Troubles from China
- Supply Chain problems
- COVID resurgence
- Interest rates remain low, but fears of them rising (due to inflation concerns).
5. We are having problems with our market data services provider, and this has prevented us from running our analysis this past weekend. What we are seeing and doing about it. Ideas and collaboration welcome. This is a big deal for us, and we are pulling out 'all the stops' to fix it.
6. Small Cap Stocks and High BETA stocks look to be in trouble today. The Russell 2000 looked to open down more than 2% this morning.
7. We learned something about our website. If we publish content people want to read, and we advertise it 'gently' then we will drive traffic. For the first time, we had over 1,000 unique visitors in one week. This is great, and gives us a sense on how to move forward.
8. YOLO is just that...one sided risk bet. It is like betting black or red at the roulette table, except that in most cases the bet is worst than 45% to 50%.
Our positions in $STSA, $AKBA and $CRBP continue, and frustrate us. Our Corbus calls expired worthless as the stock was driven from ~$1.15 earlier on expiration day to $1.01. Hundreds of thousands of shares traded to make this happen. We were wishing / hoping / dreaming that the volume would come in on the buy side this month, but that was not the case. The movement looked like a day trading shift, and nothing fundamental.
As a reminder, we passed our Series 65 exam, filed all required items with FINRA (IARD), and now are starting our Illinois filings. More to do to become a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA).
If you want to collaborate, call me in the office at 847.780.4401. Yes, I have a landline and yes I answer the phone personally.
Nothing in this video is investment advice and you should always do your due diligence before you invest in securities.
I wish you good luck in the markets and I hope you enjoy the video.
September 20, 2021
BBB A+ rating
Chicago Quantum (SM) is a service mark of US Advanced Computing Infrastructure, Inc.
We do our own research and believe all information to be true and accurate when presented. We are not paid to produce these videos or engage in social media. However, we make money when you buy a stock analysis (or project/analysis hours).
It takes time to make money, so be patient with your investments.
This is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence and research before investing. We do offer this ‘run’ or analysis as a fee-based service for clients. The costs are $150 if you provide ticker symbols, or between $500 and $1000 if we analyze complete US stock exchanges for you.
We are long $STSA, $AKBA and $CRBP common stock.
Please see our website (footer) for a full list of disclosures.