CQNS also ranks consumer-related sectors highly. Companies that make products that consumers buy, or that provide services to consumers. It has been ranking them highly for the past three months, as their volatilities (and price movements) have been slow but they continue to have expected returns.
In other words, they have been quiet, but continue to quietly track the S&P 500. As long as the market continues to advance, these sectors should advance too.
A few more thoughts (7:52am ET):
The model has a strong showing at the top end (top 3% of stocks) in these industries too:
- Energy providers
- Canadian banks
- Large pharmaceutical companies
- Waste disposal and recycling
- Large, at scale retailers (but just a few)
It also has the traditional small capitalization stocks that are poised for a jump. This is where we first had our successes, and it continues to shine here.
Contact us for a run, or just buy an hour and we can discuss Bitcoin miners, Semiconductor equipment manufacturers, and consumer-related stocks.
Please do your due diligence as investing in stocks is risky business.
We have been coding and testing...testing and coding our model with significant enhancements. We are now running it every day as we build in new capabilities.
What new capabilities?
1) It takes half the time to run.
2) We now ingest professional-grade data from Intrinio. End of day data with access to fundamentals as needed (e.g., capitalization).
3) We print out the ticker, with the company name, the CQNS score, expected returns for the coming year, volume confirmation and price confirmation. Three of those are proprietary, and expected returns are based on the Capital Asset Pricing Model methodology (our spin on it at least, as we incorporate dividends too).
4) We incorporate every US or foreign equity that is listed on a US stock exchange that traded on the day we run the job. This varies, as not every ticker trades every day.
Running it more often, and with better data, means we see the results more frequently and can start to build better connections and insights.