We have started publishing our daily best dividend stocks. This is a new analytic lens through which to view all US listed stocks.
What did we find?
1. The overall US equities market is falling, and the damage is widespread.
US Equities falling I see: A year of gains deleted FED talking, not acting Light US equity volume US recession fears Inflation persistence Anger at the Rus Strong USD Growth stock punishment Widespread RED ===> Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater
2. Our 26 stock cannabis and tobacco index (excluding 2 tracking funds) is almost universally red today, and for the past few weeks. However, the relative valuations are staying constant. We equity capitalization weight these, and only two pairs of stocks flipped recently. In other words, the whole sector is being sold.
3. Our favorite, most attractively efficient dividend stocks are 100% red today. They were ~ 100% red yesterday (and about half fell off the list). These are becoming more attractive overall, as yields rise when purchase prices fall. BTW, our dividend stock portfolio is 100% US listed, profitable, and has paid a higher dividend yield, and been more 'efficient' than the S&P 500 Index ETF.
4. Our 8-stock trucking index is still primarily RED (6 of 8 down), and this index has been down all week.
5. Our crypto (bitcoin) index is RED, and has been so for a week. However, the price of bitcoin is a respectable $$43,613 at the time of this BLOG Post, which is historically pretty strong. Most of our 11 crypto stocks are trading near 52-week lows.
6. As to the dogs...we have found a few stocks that look truly ugly from a fundamental basis. We are looking for ways to suggest betting against them (or doing so ourselves). Two of them are being supported today, while others are falling. Stay tuned for more insights on the CQNS Down stock 'dogs.'
Leave a Reply.
Stock Market BLOG
President and Investment Advisor Representative